Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

THE URGENCY INDEX (Covey)



Circle the number that best represents your normal behavior or attitude using this scale.
0 = Never 1 = Rarely 2 = Sometimes 3 = Often 4 = Always
_____ 1. I seem to do my best work when I am under pressure.
_____ 2. I often blame the rush and press of external things for my failure to spend deep,
introspective time with myself.
_____ 3. I’m often frustrated by the slowness of people and things around me. I hate to
wait or stand in line.
_____ 4. I feel guilty when I take time off from work.
_____ 5. I always seem to be rushing between places and events.
_____ 6. I frequently find myself pushing people away so that I can finish a project.
_____ 7. I feel anxious when I’m out of touch with the office for more than a few
minutes.
_____ 8. I’m often precoccupied with one thing when I’m doing something else.
_____ 9. I’m at my best when I’m handling a crisis situation.
_____ 10. The adrenaline rush from a new crisis seems more satisfying to me than the
accomplishment of long-term results.
_____ 11. I often give up quality time with important people in my life to handle a crisis.
_____ 12. I assume people will naturally understand if I have to disappoint them or let
things go to handle a crisis.
_____ 13. I rely on solving some crisis to give my day a sense of meaning and purpose.
_____ 14. I often eat lunch or other meals while I work.
_____ 15. I keep thinking that someday I’ll be able to do what I really want to do.
_____ 16. A huge stack in my “out” basket at the end of the day makes me feel like I’ve
been really productive.
Total Score:____________
0-25 Low urgency mindset, 26-45 Strong urgency mindset, 46+ Urgency addiction
Covey's four quadrant strategy:
 Judge yourself . Which is your quadrant .

No comments:

Post a Comment