Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Frequently used English phrases


What exactly do you do?
How did you get here?
Did you make any embarrassing mistakes?
It's quite touristy, though, isn't it?
That's not what i was saying.
I overheard him talking to...
I heard a rumour that...
I reckon..
Oh i know what you mean !
What's the word i am looking for?
Sorry, this has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
let me check that i have go it right.
How interesting!
That's dreadful!
I've got to go.
It's been good talking to you.
Sorry, i must be off.
I don't mind doing that
I am not keen on that idea. How about something else?
I really don't fancy spice food tonight
Is there any chance i could ...
I'm really sorry to bother you, but..
Oh dear . This is a difficult situation.
What do you think i should do ?
What would you do in my situation?
If I were you. I'd say to ...
I wouldn't do that
You ought to do something about that.
You shouldn't really say that.
I guess you are right
I am utterly convinced.
I'm sorry. I can't agree with you there.
I'm sorry. i don't think that's right.
I am totally with you on that.
I thought it was fun. whatever you say.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Your glasses are great! they suit you perfectly.
What a sweet little girl you have got.
You are doing really well!
You're on the right lines.
Come on, you can do it.
I know this is really disappointing for you.
I can imagine how you  must feel
I am sorry i had to give the bad news
Oh, poor you. How awful!
I am really sorry. It's very nice of you to offer but
I am sorry but it's just not going to work.
That's very kind of you but i don't think it's going to work
I think there has been a bit of misunderstanding.
Don't get me wrong,..
Wouldn't it be a good idea to..
I'd like to offer you..
By the way, how did your seminar go?
Are you with me so far?
Anyway, i'd better get going. I've got loads to do.
Could i speak to you in private a moment?
I wonder if i could ask for your help?
Let me give you some advice. Don't think about past.
I wanted to seek your advice before i could speak to anyone else.
In my view, things have to be done a lot sooner.
I would generally agree with that.
This really is a positive move
It really is an incredibly beautiful place.
Thanks again. i really appreciate your help.
I am extremely disappointed to hear the bad news.
I really recommend this
I remember last time i did it
Don't you think?
It's really exhausting isn't it?
I am bit fad of it.. To be honest
Excuse me, may i interrupt
It’s all over the newspaper, it must be really embarrassing
Just a minute, hang on a minute, i am not finished , where was I
I hate to interrupt but can i say something please
That’s not right at all
We waited for ages and eventually she turned up
I am sure we will get to hear about it soon
It’s really amazing, she has done wonderful job by picking right people
Apparently she told him she don't want to see him again
Have you just started working here
The rents are suddenly really high
Is u looking something in particular
You can't sell that cheap until it is of really poor quality
No but i had heard so much about it though
Sorry to change the subject completely, but ---
To cut a long story short, that’s how i started my business
I know what that mean, similar thing happened to me
Sounds great, by the way have you seen---
Trouble with the coalition is nobody agrees on it, i think we need election as soon as possible and we need to change the system so that there is only one party on the power
We had such a lovely time there
Anyway enough about my job , what r u doing at moment
Hotel was awful, it was only half built
I am not quite with u.
You have completely lost me. Slow down
Is u following me , does that make sense , am i with u
Have i explained the problem clearly, let me check if i have understand right
It changed so much since i was there last
I feel terrible
I love football i could just watch it day and night
That's wonderful, how amazing, great, how terrible, that’s awful, oh no, i can't believe it, incredible, how fantastic
Actually what upsets me , she was pretending she doesn't like him, i found that bit dishonest
Honestly that’s what happened
It’s a very inspirational story, it’s really makes you to think about how to deal with situation like that
Let’s catch up soon
Honestly it was great fun
Give me winter in a city at any day
It’s been good talking to u, i must be off now, and I need to rush now
I love to carry on talking to u but i am on huge rush
I got to go sorry, i better let u go, sorry i really must dash off
I can't standoff, she always dominates every discussion
I know i am in minority but i do think we need to come up with some committee to discuss issues in office
What should we get for nawraj over his birthday
I don't mind going out
I am sorry , i am really tired , i prefer to have early night
I am not keen on that idea, how about something else
Let’s do something cultural on Sunday
I am really sorry to bother u but ..Thanks anyway
I am afraid i can't
You haven't done this exercise quite correctly
Can i ask you for some advice please.
Personally , to my mind , i am very much sure ,
I strongly believe, as far as i am concerned, in my view
I think its lot of rubbish, what is your opinion on this
What’s your feeling on subject
I am sorry i couldn't agree with u there
We will have to agree and disagree there . I am afraid
I really enjoyed it
I love the way always she is smiling
That was a bit of exaggeration
That was very good indeed . How long u have been practicing that
You look really smart today
It will be fine i promise u ..It won't be as difficult as u think. What the worse could happen. Just give ur best shot , that won't be end of world
That’s really encouraging
I am afraid i have got some bad news for u, i have got something to tell u
You must be really disappointed
I don't think he is going to make it anyway
I really thought you are the one for me
I am sorry i know you really worked hard but i am afraid u didn't make it to final
I am really sorry i can't. It’s not my kind of thing but thanks for asking
That’s very kind of you but i really need to get back home soon
I am sorry but i really have to say no
I would really appreciate ur input , i am sure u will have lot of advice for me .
It is completely understandable , sorry for misunderstanding .it won't happen again
I am really sorry . u have every right to complain
Can u tell me what was wrong exactly.
That’s really a very good idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment